Made of Gray

Catch Up

Holly D Gray4 Comments
I have about 15 minutes to type this up before Caleigh wakes up with another dirty diaper. She's been stooling every hour or so since Saturday morning.

We had made it up to 14 hours of feeds and 10 hours off. I have been adding in foods as well.

It's wasn't working. We have switched back to the 24 hour slow drip feeds as of this morning. Caleigh's hydration seems to be ok right now, but I'm watching her. She turned a corner so fast last time that it makes me nervous.

We have an appointment with GI tomorrow, but I've already put a call in this morning. My guess is bacterial overgrowth, which Caleigh hasn't had for over a year. I have been giving extra probiotics and oreganol oil in the mean time. She just hasn't been the same since we had to stop feeds for 3 days a couple of weeks ago. I'm so hoping we can get back to where we were, but I know it will take time.

On Friday I got a call from our pediatrician's office letting me know that Caleigh was on the high risk list to get the H1N1 vaccine and they are having a clinic tomorrow evening. Eric and I talked about it the whole weekend and have decided to go ahead and do it. The main factor being the death of one of the kids our PT sees just last week. They had been congested for a couple of weeks and then all of a sudden in the ICU and dead from complications with the swine flu. If Caleigh was a completely normal child without any health problems I would say "no", but she's not and the swine flu is killing kids like Caleigh. Of course I'm nervous about the vaccine, but I'm more worried about the flu at this point. So that's our decision.

We have some other big news too, but with the major lack of sleep and sick little girl it will have to wait until a later time....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...